The Carmel Garden MHSS Blog!!!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Numero Uno!

I remember the time when we got our hall-tickets to write the government controlled exams. Our guys would add up the individual numbers of the Registration Number and would give their opinion on the total! A total of 8 was considered unlucky with people booing guys who got an unfortunate '8' that they would fail in the exams! All for the sake of a few laughs, but nobody was taking any chances! Ha ha ha!

I remember Syed from my batch, he got an '8' I think and he was nervously walking around, asking everyone who came across whether it was alright if he had a total of '8' in his registration number! Syed, are you there??? :-)

2 Comments:

  • This 8 thing is not just for us, it is something that is common throughout the world.

    Incidentally, I always add up my numbers, whether it is car license plates or what not....I am done with hallticket #s I guess...for life.

    That seems a little sad. Funny, how you have separation with the strangest of things....

    By Blogger Srihari Yamanoor, at 10:36 AM  

  • Yeah! College just finished its work with me and I had pangs leaving the canteen! Some things in life cant be explained!

    By Blogger Thiya, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home